3.16.2009

What We Eat When We Eat Alone


Eating in Bed
An excerpt from

What We Eat When We Eat Alone
by Deborah Madison with illustrations by Patrick McFarlin



(Gibbs Smith, $24.99, HC, ISBN: 1-4236-0496-9, May 2009)

When it comes to where we eat, the bed is a zone that’s highly frowned upon but also indulged. On the bed is permissible, but never in bed, insist more than a few women.

“The thought of eating in bed is sort of creepy,” muses Maureen Callahan, “but that might have something to do with growing up in Florida. The thought of those big bugs marching up for a crumb or two … ooh! It gives me the willies!”

Then again, there are exceptions. Another woman says, “I make a tray of cold, sliced chicken breast, fruit and cheese, take it to bed and get right under the covers. I read, the cat purrs and we’re both happy. I love this time to myself.”


"What We Eat When We Eat Alone" launches May 1. Stay tuned for more fun excerpts!

No comments: